Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It fucking hurts

I know what happened from the time I stopped blogging to the present moment

I have taken the GMAT and ended up putting up a miserable show. I seriously didn't know what happened. My mind was going numb when I was seeing the CR questions. Even the most simplest of the SC questions seemed unusually hard. While the math seemed fairly simple and I could easily eliminate 3 wrong answer choices and in many cases as many as 4, the verb was way too tough. Answer to not even a single question in verbal seemed to jump out as correct. I think there were hardly 3 to 4 questions for which I was confident enough

Anyway, life has been a roller coaster ride from the day I gave the test. My thinking changed completely as a result of the failure, took up a different job in a different part of the country, cried so many times, spent innumerable sleepless nights and introspected to maximum possible extent. IT FUCKING HURTS WHEN YOU PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT AND END UP HAVING TO LIVE WITH A MEDIOCRE RESULT. More than any one else, I know what I went through and how much effort I put in. As a matter of fact, even the most superb of efforts will have some short comings. Nothing in this world will withstand the test of scrutiny; cracks will appear in almost any of the perfectly blended metal when looked under a microscope. Especially after the false hope you get after giving the practice tests. My GMAT Prep scores were 700+ for that matter.

No sweat now, I have restarted my preps and will try to death not to let my dream be just that - "a dream".

Trying to be in top physical/mental shape and preparing for a long road ahead. I have no regrets though, I am the one who chose this path and I'm not the one to back off

No comments: