Sunday, August 16, 2009

GMAT Prep2 - 680 Q47 V36

It was a crazy exam indeed. It was ridiculously hard

Q - 47 - 12 incorrect - 1, 6, 9, 12, 14, 21, 26, 29, 31, 34, 35, 37. As you can see, I got 5 incorrect in the last 9 questions. Math was ridiculously hard as I encountered around 4 probability questions. I'm usually good at these but they were a step above. Since 47 is close to my target of 48, I have no complaints.

V - 36 - 11 incorrect - 6, 13, 17, 23, 29, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40. I was right on track till question 29. But I ended up with 7 incorrect in the last 12. Reason - Ran out of time. I don't know whether my mind was exhausted from the MGMAT CAT I had given or for some other reason.

One more thing, the scoring algorithm has definitely changed and the GMAT is getting tougher at least in terms of scoring if not in terms of level of difficulty of questions. The reason I say this is because, last time for the same number of mistakes in Verbal I was getting 38 or 39. That is, if the incorrect answers are randomly distributed, the score you get in the end and the number of incorrect used to add up to 52. I can prove it from the sample scores on few blogs. Now, the mistakes and the score do not add up to 52, but to 47 or 48 or 49. I think these represent 3 levels. The result of this reduction is that the number of mistakes you can make to score more or less the same score that you got an year ago, is reduced by 4

Frankly, I'm getting used to seeing such low scores. Now, I don't feel anything. No emotions. You know what, I plotted a mental graph of the scores I got on the CATs and the graph, with every exam, has been headed down south. My mission of 600 seems right on track

I think God doesn't want me to do my MBA. He has something else in store for me

Ciao,

Unplugged

No comments: