Thursday, August 13, 2009

I've lost count of the number of times I felt destroyed in the last few months

I really don’t know what is going on with me.

A stupid decision I made during last month prevented me from giving GMAT Prep II last Saturday. I felt terrible about it and ended up wasting 2 days. Sometimes self inflicted pain causes more pain than does pain inflicted by others. The worst part is that I still don’t know whether I’ll be able to write the exam even this Saturday. I feel I’m losing valuable time

Last week, I took MGMAT CAT4 – only quant and scored 51 in quant. It’s nothing to brag about because I had set no time limits and solved the whole section is 85mins. I think the mind set of not having the time pressure made the difference because I took MGMAT CAT5 yesterday and scored 690 Q50 V35. I set 85mins time for quant and solved it just in time; verbal was as usual completed with 20 mins to spare. The thing that I’m concerned about most is that despite following the same methodology while solving CR and RC, I get varying scores in Verbal. I think I’m going to give one more CAT from MGMAT - MGMATCAT6- the last one and will slow down considerably in verbal to see how far I can push my score.

I think I’m fairly comfortable in quant now and 48 in quant is easily gettable unless I screw up on the test day. Anything above that will be a bonus. To make it past 720, I need to get at least 40 in verbal. I don’t know how I’m going to manage that as I seem to have no problems with Stamina. I just pray that GMAT throws no twisted questions.

Time is running out fast. I think R1 will be very difficult for me

Cheers,
Unplugged

No comments: