Friday, July 17, 2009

Ahem....mmmhhhh...

I've been using the above 2 words very often since past 3 days. In fact, they get a mention in every second line I speak. Whenever I get up in the morning, it feels as if a small cloud has engulfed my throat. It takes lot of effort to clear it. I'm also feeling a bit feverish.

Bloody, there is a doctor in my company's first aid center and he is one crazy guy. Though I have respect for his age and degree( I think he is over 50 and works for one of the best hospitals in the country), I think he is a nut. Below is an excerpt from today's conversation

Me:- Good morning Doc!
Doc:- Hi Unplugged! You are not seen since so many days.

Me:- Oh Doc! I've been keeping really fit these days Is he crazy? Doesn't he want the people to be healthy??? I though of saying 'I'm having an apple every day( remember, an apple a day keeps the doctor away)

Doc:- How is your stomach? I remember treating you after you did some 300ab crunches and destroyed your abdomen
Me:- Oh yeah! I'm fine and the abs are fine too

Doc:- Do not work out too much....blah...blah......(Non stop)
Me:- But I......., Doc......., No, but.........Please.....
Despite doubling the rate of the cough and 'ahem...mmhhh'., I was ignored

Doc:- (After 5 complete mins) Tell me what's wrong?
Me:- Thank god! At last! Doc I have cough

Doc:- I had the same problem 2 days back. This is a minor problem.Don't pay attention to it? You'll be OK in 1 or 2 days

Me:- I also have a running nose
Doc:- Ah, this is minor problem?Even I have a running nose. See.....(wiping his nose with a tissue paper).

Me:- Doc, I also have a pain in the right shoulder blade and I'm barely able to workout
Doc:- Everyone suffers from pain one day or the other...blah...blah....

Me:- (Crazy shit! I resisted the thought of punching his over sized tummy a good 100 times)

OK doc. I'm leaving.

Doc:- No Unplugged. I was just kidding. Sit down
Me:-No doc, I'm fit and fine. I'm feeling better than ever and as you said, these are relatively minor problems

Doc:- Here, take these tablets and see me on Monday
Me:- Thanks! I'm taking these with a rather heavy heart as that little talk of yours cured every thing...

Doc:- You kidding...right?

Imagine what would happen if such doctor is asked to treat an emergency case. This is not a one off case; Every time I go to see him, he behaves in such fashion. I don't know whether it is because of sheer incompetence or because it is different way of treating

Tomorrow, by the way, is Manhattan GMATCAT2. I'm looking forward to it

Ahmmm, mmhh...haanahhnnnnn

Adios,

Unplugged

No comments: