Friday, July 10, 2009

First practice test, weekend plans...etc

The scores from my MGMAT 1 are in

730 Q45 V45

I took the test at 9:00AM today. I took the test in full, including AWA. I thought I did well in math but Q45 is definitely very bad. I need to buckle up and revise a few concepts that are giving me problems. Sets, Venn diagrams and mixtures are a few. I'll try to review the math part of the test and solve all the questions once again untimed.

Now, I still don't believe I scored 45 on the verbal(WTF??) This is my highest score in verbal till date and I still can't make anything out of it. I have my reservations against MGMAT verbal though. This is because they are not representative of the actual GMAT test questions. But, one strange thing that happened today is that I destroyed SC and RC completely. I made, I think, 2 errors in each of these parts. I finished verbal with 10mins remaining.CR was problematic because I am not used to the MGMAT's logic( and I don't want to be)

730 feels damn good. It raises the expectations, which is a bit bad. This is because the higher your expectations, the higher are the anxiety levels and your fall( god forbid) will be quite painful. This is what I learnt from my first attempt.

The future course of action is to take GMAT club math tests on alternate days and revise the mistakes of MGMAT and GMAT club on the 'off days', while solving around 3 RC passages, 10 SCs from my error log and around 10 CR from OG. As I have been saying previously, this time I'm not taking a GMAT date 1 month in advance. I plan to book the test date on a 1 week's notice. Of course, it depends on how I score on my practice tests and the all important GMAT preps

Oh! I took leave today because all the people in my office went on a team building exercise for 3 days. I didn't want to waste 3 fucking days, so I told my boss that I was not interested. Initially, he told yes then when my whole department opted out, he got pissed. He made a huge issue out of this and the HR guys were involved. It took a lot of persuasion and talk to still convince him. But, the relationship got a bit strained and I have to repair that incase I want him to write my recommendation. He, being from a different country, will have to be dealt differently.

No longer did I finalize some plans on how to spend my a bit longish weekend that my long time freind called and told he is dropping in. Since he lives in a different city, I couldn't say no. My whole weekend will go in for a toss. I'll try to squeeze in a bit of time but it is goin to look a bit odd. He'll say lets go out for a beer and check out a few girls; I'll say I have to study a bit. His response will be WTF? From when did you start studying....et al? But, I think it'll provide much needed relaxation to my fried brain. It'll help me get back to my preps on Monday with renewed vigour. No study this weekend :-(

Will post again if I get pissed or if something worth writing comes up

Ciao,

Unplugged

No comments: