Tuesday, July 7, 2009

(unknown subject)

Today, I feel like shit. This is one of the days on which you feel like your dreams are fading away. Despite trying so hard, you feel as if your efforts to hang on to ‘your dream’, to the thing you most care about seem to be just not enough. Then there are days when, for no good reason, you seem to be so full of energy and enthusiasm that the whole world seems to be at your feet.

The reason for this is that my poor scores on GMAT club tests and continuing poor show in RC. I’ve taken 3 tests in GMAT club and the scores are all over the place. They range from 20% to 90%. The mistakes are pretty silly, and while reviewing, I get correct 50% of the mistakes I made without even looking at the answer. This shows that I get a bit tensed during the test.

RC is killing me. Although I manage to read even an LSAT passage in less 5 minutes, I score at least 1 wrong in every passage. Maybe, it is because of the vague questions and the water tight answer choices. I’ll have to sort the problems out in RC as quickly as possible because it can turn into a show stopper. One peculiar thing I’ve found is that, the passages on which I’m focussed, I never miss even a single question. On the passages where I’m not interested, I end up making too many errors. Focus, I think is the key to doing well. I really don’t know how to stay focussed for 10mins (the duration of a typical RC passage), let alone 4 hrs for the actual GMAT

God be with me

I’ve laid out a broad plan for my D-day. According to this plan I’ll need to give a MGMAT test this week end at 9:00AM, which by the way is the time I plan to write the GMAT. I’ll post my scores this week end. This time around, until and unless I get 3 continuous 700s in the practise tests (including at least one 700 in GMAT prep), I won’t schedule for the exam

No comments: