Monday, July 20, 2009

Manhattan GMAT CAT2 - 680 Q47 V36

Needless to say, I’m devastated by the score. I had this strange feeling that I was not doing well in Math, but I scored better than last test. When I reviewed, I found that too many blind guesses went right( around 5). But, I ran short of time for the last 5 questions and I had to guess all and all of them were incorrect. I think I’m still at around 47 in math. Considering my last time score of Q48 and assuming the fact that the level of questions will not change dramatically in 1year, I think Q47 seems on target. Anything above Q48 is a bonus. The reason I’m giving up on not trying for Q50 is that Q48 to Q50 requires exponential effort and will fetch me just 20 points. I always believe the effort should be worth the squeeze. I’m better off investing that time in verbal and mental conditioning

Verbal was what killed me in CAT2. I thought I was in control of the test throughout. I finished with almost 20mins to spare. It would have been 25 mins, if had not purposefully slowed down for the last 5 questions. The post mortem revealed that I marked a full RC wrong. Even though this passage had 85 lines, I found it easy but simple mistake of not paying attention to a few words cost me dear. The number of mistakes in CAT2 verbal is not very different from that in CAT1. In fact, they are pretty much comparable. I think I made 5 more errors in CAT2 than in CAT1. I don’t know why the score has fallen by 10 points

One more new found development is that I have a hard time concentrating on Mondays. This is because the pace of preps falls considerably on Saturdays and Sundays. Keeping this in mind, I have to prepare a strategy for my D day

Confidence is very low and I’m finding it tough to keep going. God, please help me

No comments: