Monday, June 22, 2009

Burn out.....?

I think I'm losing it - whatever Verbal fundamentals I've learned over this period of time are beginning to evade me. This has happened before and there is a possibility that it will happen again. I'll try to describe what exactly is happening with me

As per plan, I needed to write a GMAT paper test( only verbal) over this weekend but I was unable to. Why? On Friday, I tried to solve a few CRs in the night and did not get even a single one correct. My mind was going numb whenever I looked a CR. Even the simplest of the problems was looking damn tough.

The reason, is that my brain cells are probably fried having solved some 500CRs( I'm midway through the 1000CR document). I decided to take a conscious decision of taking a break for a couple of days. So, I took the weekend off(from Verbal) to rest my mind. I'll try to solve about 10CRs and 10SCs today and see how things go. I'm sure I'll get back what I learnt. I think I'll solve about 10 questions apiece from the 3 sections of verbal on alternate days or every third day rather than on a everyday basis, until I completely review Math

The reason for my verbal debacle, the first time around, can be attributed to the burn out factor. This time around, I think, I did not the pace the preparation properly. I left Math completely untouched for a long period of time and this is partly causing the burn-out with verbal. I have to step up the Math prep, while keeping the verbal afresh and also ensuring that my verbal performance is not affected

I was so upset on Saturday and Sunday that I partially broke down a few times and began to doubt my reasons/convictions to do an MBA. But, I managed to recover and finish some chapters in Math.

Passing through a very rough patch - God, I need you to help me

Ciao,
Unplugged

No comments: