Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ouch......

Yeah, the title of the post aptly describes my body condition today.

On Friday, at the gym, I was working my chest out. I was all the more pumped up because there was this drop dead gorgeous lady who had joined on Friday( What a day to join!). One of the last set of exercises was the DB flys on an inclined bench. By the time I got down to doing this, I had completely exhausted myself with 5 more sets of exercises with ultra heavy weights. So, I was sitting on the inclined bench facing the mirror with the DBs and this bomb was at my back working on her thighs. Considering the fact that she was a rookie( rookies are given fly weights to start with; they normally spend more time on the machine than an average Joe does because of this reason) and me a seasoned person and considering the fact that the time of performing reps was the only time I could get a proper view of her, I kept on pushing my self so that I could match her time on the machine. The result was fulfilling mentally and hurting physically. I am unable to sleep because of the intense pain and am barely able to lift my right hand.

I had to miss my work out yesterday because of the pain. I'm treating it with ice every 2 hrs. But that's ok. Sometimes you have to live with the the pain to be able to feel that you are alive. I'll start kicking butt again from tomorrow

I had purposefully skipped the preps the last 2 days because my mind was going numb again at the sight of a GMAT question. I needed something to keep my mind afresh. I think it also has got to do with the work I guess. I'm having a real hard time at work. The hours that I spend at work are so intense that I barely get to stop thinking about these issues even at my home. You need something to change over, some kind of switch that takes you from one field to the other. A work out at the gym comes in very handy to do just this. But then again, some things are out of your control( I think you know what I'm sayin here......the bomb at the gym of course!)

I did around 20CRs from the 1000series and got a fairly good hit rate - 2 mistakes that I could've completely avoided; they were very silly indeed

As far as SC is concerned, I think I'm getting a good grip at these. I'm able to solve most of them within a minute. I almost managed to complete the 1000SCs( there are around 30 of them still remaining). The error log in SC says the number of questions for review i.e, the number of questions I got wrong has not yet touched 100. Boy, am I happy. 1 wrong in 10 is fairly good. The goal now is to keep on revewing the ones I got wrong and keep solving some random SCs every day from the forums. This is to ensure that I consolidate what I've learnt and start shifting the focus towards RCs and math

RCs are a big pain. Indeed they are. I started solving 2 RCs every day from LSAT prep book untimed just to get into the groove. I need to take this number up by 2 more by this weekend. From next Monday onwards, I plan to solve the complete verbal section in one sitting. That is, 41 questions in 75 minutes on a regular basis to increase the stamina


Math is killer; It is a completely untouched topic. I'll have to start work immediately else whatever effort I've put in Verbal will go down the drain. Damn, too many ball to juggle and too many of them have to be kept in air

Let's see how things work out. Wait for my next post

Cheers,
Unplugged

No comments: